Sunday, October 19, 2008

Today is...

There is this song that the children at Discover to Recover Center sing, and it goes like this:

“Today is my favorite day.
God made it a special way,
I love tomorrow and yesterday,
But today is my favorite day.”

After hearing and singing the song I don’t think that there is any way that I can hear it without smiling. There is just something about the song that makes me so happy, and especially when the kids sing it to us.

Sunday was a great day. The girls and I went to church together at lighthouse where we have become official members, and then we headed our separate ways. Allison and Daina went to the coffe shop to tutor the Oasis boys in Math and English. I on the other hand had some work to do. I did a bunch of laundry (by hand), and then did some reading. I must admit that I did watch a little Alias as well.

I just realized that this post is a string of very random thoughts, but that has been this day, a string of random events, all coming together to create a great day.

3 comments:

dianasaur said...

that sounds lovely

Mom said...

Chris, as you go further in your journey of life, you will come to realize that those random event days are the best. I know I feel the most content after one of those such days.

Sounds like you have mastered the laundry thing. Hmmmm sure you don't want to live with me when you come home???

All is well here. Grandma is feeling a little ill. Write her an email and I will print it for her that would really lift her spirits.

Love you and so happy you are happy.

Mom xoxoxoxoxox

Matthew Gillen said...

i cant wait to hang out i cant wait to serve i cant wait to see you i cant wait to see kids i cant wait to see animals i cant wait to be even more happy than i am right now.