Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ohh Hell naw ALIEN...

Today I became an Alien. I am now a Legal ALIEN in Kenya. I think that this is the closest I will get to actually traveling to space, and It is good enough for me.

Today the girls and I went to Eldoret, the fourth largest city in Kenya, to renew our visas. It is about a 90 minute drive, but we had a great time. There is a restaurant there called the Eldo Grill that has delicious PIZZA. It was great to eat something so familiar, although I think I will have garlic breath for the next week. The best part about the day though was that we got passport pictures taken for our visas, and they are amazing. We have the negatives as well so we are going to blow them up, and let me tell you, there was no smiling being done in that office, all business. Renewing my visa today means that I have been here for three months. Thinking back, it is hard to believe that three months ago I was just figuring out what it meant to be here, and now I feel like this is my home.

The countdown to Matts Gillens getting here is now at 16 days. In 16 days I will be hanging out with one of my best friends, in one of the best places I have ever been. There are no words to describe my level of excitement.

7 comments:

Mom said...

I am so excited that Matt is going to be able to share this amazing experience with you. This will surely make your friendship stronger.

Chris, you are so true in saying you cannot believe three months has gone by. When you left I cried myself to sleep thinking I would not be able to see you or maybe even speak to you for five months. Now I am counting the days to pick you up at LAX.

Pat and I went to Killarneys last night. It's a restaurant pub here in Riverside, and we met the greatest young guy from Ireland. He is here on a soccer scholarship at Cal Baptist. We talked to him for an hour and are excited for you to meet him too.

Well today is my only day off in six days so I am off to do fun things. I will be down in your old stomping grounds of Saddleback college today watching Sis play them in soccer.

Love you to pieces,
Mom xoxoxoxo

dianasaur said...

now you and elia can be real friends

Anonymous said...

Hello beautiful! Ha ha, Fabio and I laughed reading your blog today. Remember you and Jake on the train in Rome (I think) and the gypsy kids playing Stings "English man in New York"... I think they felt the same way you did today! haha How absolutely amazing you will have another friend to experience Kenya with. Believe me, when you get home, you will always be in your own space, half way between Kenya and California. Too many experiences that changed you that very few people will understand. I am so stoked for you. I love you Chris, CABA

Julie Hibbard said...

LOVE the title. So will Matt Gillen. I can still hear Matt Jensen saying it to my friend, Eliane!
I am so glad Matt gets to be there! Allison loves him too...you'll have a blast!
Three months! Wow...Seems WAY longer to me!

Lauren Nease said...

yay for matt gillen. and chris wohlers.

Michelle Hausz said...

How exciting! Miss you!

Bob Wohlers said...

An illegal alien eh? Great to talk to you the other day...

Love you,
DAD