Friday, October 3, 2008

T.G.I.F

No, not the terrible restaurant, but the real thing; Thank God it is Friday! I love Fridays because I get to hang out with this guy:


His name is Churchill, and he is an awesome dude who lives at a place called discover to recover. This place is an amazing place where children form the surrounding area can come and get food and an education. The area is a slum of sorts, where the children come from very poor homes. Most parents in the area are uneducated, so the need for education is not important to them; that and the money to pay for uniforms and school fees just isn't available. Churchill is actually an orphan, he was brought in by his brother who was his guardian at the age of 7. Churchill is HIV positive, and that is the reason that he lives at the center. The center is also a place for children who are infected and affected by HIV/AIDS to come and get counseling. Patricia Sowa and her husband Francis run the center. God has blessed them with unbelievable opportunities to travel the world and speak on HIV/AIDS; and considering that Patricia has been Infected with HIV for around 10 years, it makes her an incredible source of wisdom on the subject.

Then we went to the Oasis girls house and had the most amazing dinner. All of the girls are so great, and the food was probably the best that I have eaten in here in Kenya. I ate so much that I think that I was gong to throw up all over the floor. But it was a great time.







6 comments:

Mama Oasis said...

supper with the girls is always:

1. WAY more delicious than supper with the boys.

2. Not quite as insane.

3. Thankfully....no flour throwing, I see.

PS....got a check in the mail from your mom for Justice today....will be wiring it to Geoff. Keep fundraising.....you are about 10% there!

Todd Tolson said...

Bro...great blog! I've added you to my bloglines, so I'll be able to keep up with you whenever you post!

Todd

Michelle Hausz said...

Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you. Thank you so much for sharing your stories and all the pictures. Love you.

Mom said...

Churchill is adorable. That is the greatest smile I have seen in such a long time. Chris, you amaze me more and more each day with your stories and pictures. You are a wonderful Son and I am so proud to say you are mine. Oh, by the way RCC tied 0-0 with Cypress college today. You would of been proud of baby sis.

Love you,
Mommaxoxoxoxox

D.P. Spain said...

I like the shaved sides of your head that have come with your new haircut. High and tight. Although I must say you look at tad bit like a Hitler Youth. Fear not though good buddy, it's o.k., Ratzinberger was an actual Hitler Youth and now he's the Pope.

Hope all is swell and I miss you terribly. Bff for LIFE!!!

D.P. Spain said...

Also the extra f in "Bff" stands for the f word or some alteration of it if that makes you nervous. I.E. frigg'n, fudge'n, frank'n or flip'n. You get the idea. Stay clean. Stay strong. Stay powerful.