Monday, September 29, 2008

To shave a-the beard, to cut a-the hair

Yes folks, today I cut my hair. I wish that I had a beard to shave, but that is just wishful thinking I guess. But yes today One of the Ukrainian girls who lives at the other house on the compound told me the other day that I should cut my hair, and then offered to do it. Naturally, I said what the heck, and then told her to do what she wanted with my hair, I mean we are in Africa, so what the heck. I am so excited because she cut my hair like a sweet 50's cut. Anyway I am excited that my hair is nice and clean cut. Here are some pictures to get you excited:


The beginning



Bowl cut anyone?







And the finished product!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Chris you look so cute. You are not going to believe this but, when I saw the finished product you looked just like a picture I have of Grandpa Hugh when he was 25. I like the new do. Tell the girl that cut it I think she did a great job! It is much better than the bowl cut. That was a good look for you when your hair was really blonde and you were about two!!!!!

I thought of you all morning. I was putting up the pumpkins and fall decorations and I thought about the pumpkin "pashlight". I still have that and it is waiting for your little guy someday. You always wanted to have that in your room at night. I can still hear your cute little voice saying 'I want the pumpkin pashlight".I also put out the ceramic pumpkins you and Alana made in kindergarten. They bring me such sweet memories that I hold dear to my heart.

I hope all is well with your health and I am counting the days Alana and I pick you up at LAX.

Love you and miss you so much,
Mom xoxoxoxo

Julie Hibbard said...

Oh my Marty McFly!

dianasaur said...

to shave-a the face,
to cut-a da hair,
require a grace,
require da flare

for if-a you slip
you nick da skin
you clip-a da chin
you rip-a da lip a bit beyond-a repair


you are Rather Dashing, a peasant on a quest wearing short-short pants!