Friday, September 19, 2008

The big game

I am a big fan of using over used phrases like "The big game." So when the opportunity comes up of course I am going to use it to its fullest extent. Today the house boys and I are going to play a soccer game against the street boys of Oasis. We have full uniforms, with jerseys, shorts and even socks. I am so excited to play, although I am not sure how well I will do. With that being said i must go lace up my "boots" and through on my uniform, wish me luck.


P.S. more to come about last night, which may be classified as the most absurd night of the trip thus far. For more insight on the absurdity visit Allison's blog, as well as Daina's.

5 comments:

dianasaur said...

shoe! your stomach! remember doing that at red robin, oh 5 or 6 years ago?

Mom said...

Oh how Alana and I would love to be there to watch "The Game". I am really looking forward to seeing pictures.


I will check in later this afternoon.

Love you sooooooo much,
Mom xoxoxoxoxox

Mama Oasis said...

Good luck at the game...although it is over already I just realized! Since the street boys are up 2 to 0 against our beloved house boys....I hope your presence made the difference. (Although I have to admit that it kind of pleases me to see the street boys win....it is so good for their confidence...and the boys in the houses always can use a shot of humility!)

And BTW...that 'food baby' thing....NOT pretty Chris. Not pretty at all!

Mama Oasis said...

The reactions of everybody else in the pic where you are getting kicked are priceless...Jonah is just standing there..clearly doesn't know what to make of the situation. The blue man to the right (can't recognize him) has a look that says "Oh man..I can't believe he is kicking the "teacher"! And Etao sitting on the sidelines is loving it!

That being said...I hope you are fine.

You can never fully appreciate what your presence and participation means to these kids. You are so awesome, my friend.

Have a stellar week!

Timothy David said...

If you want to really be cool, don't stop at the over-used "big game" metaphor. Use an extended metaphor for the cliche'.