Sunday, September 21, 2008

Recap of the last couple of days

So I know that I have been vacant from this blog thing for a couple days, so I thought that I would Let you know how the weekend went:


Friday Morning the girls took some kids from sister Freda's to the pool. I just hung out with Richard who is Freda's Husband and talked politics, so if you want to know how the pool went check out Daina's and Allison's blog.



Friday afternoon I headed over to discover to recover by myself. I hung out with all of the Preschool kids and they sang me all the songs that they knew. Then I tried to read them a story but all that they wanted to do was sing, so I taught them Bohemian rhapsody, no I am kidding I taught them twinkle twinkle.

Benja wanted to try on my hat, so I let him that started a Frenzy...



Next



Next


Next


Yes you too.


And finally!

Then on Friday night we went over to the boys House 1 of Oasis and had dinner with the boys. This is Nim, he is the house dad, which means he gets to live in a house with 6 teenage boys, fun!.

Before dinner Paul and I did a photo shoot.


Someone wanted to see my Casi0, so I showed them.


Here I am just hanging out waiting to be passed some food.



Yesterday the Oasis house boys played a game of soccer against the Street boys who attend Oasis school, I played for the house boys this time, but next time I will be sporting the blue. Happy to say we won off of a brilliant free kick.

Here I am going for the ball.


Here I am getting kicked going for a head.

And Today is Sunday, so the girls and I went to church and are now back relaxing waiting for another amazing week to come our way. Hope all is well, and thanks for reading my blog, I don't think you really know what it means to me.

CHRIS.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes my day reading your blogs. I love you more than you will ever know Chris. CABA

Mom said...

Those pictures are worth a thousand words. You don't always have to write something, the pictures do it. You look so cute in your soccer uniform. Sounds like you had another wonderful week. I have a feeling when you come back home to the States, you are going to be really homesick for Africa. I want to just pinch all those darling cheeks and give them all a big kiss. Glad to know you were only kidding about your song choice. HAHAHAH

Love you and looking forward to the next story.


Love,
Mom xoxoxo

P.S. Notre Dame lost yesterday to Michigan State but there is always next week!!!!

D.P. Spain said...

So basically I've been studying the header picture and have come to the conclusion that "african #1" is not at all going for the ball but rather is going for you. Notice the form of his kick, that's years of martial arts training, not anything like what you get playing soccer. I think he probably wanted to break your leg so that he could steal your Casio. I mean come on! Who wouldn't do that for such a sweet item. Actually, a guy broke my leg with a bat and stole my computer just to look at a picture of your watch. I wonder if these incidents are related, or if our assailants are related. Just some food for thought. Here's one more. So I went to the Bronx Zoo yesterday and saw lots of animals from Africa. Were talking Lions, Gazelle, Zebra, Elephants, Detroit Lions... the list goes on. It was probably like being in Africa myself with just less gang neutrality. All the animals were packing heat and flashing signs. The gorilla did the Bloods thing then flashed his piece. Needless to say I ran, far far away.

Love you man and hope your leg heals, fondly,
Daniel P. Spain II

Mama Oasis said...

oops...I posted my comments on the blog below.....

dianasaur said...

you and i have an affinity for hats my dear. i love the pictures of the babies with hats. hats are really cool. hats off to you for doing so well in soccer. i wish you could have gotten a hat trick, but maybe next time. i have to write a report on lewis carroll, who made up the character the mad hatter. jasmine likes the book cat in the hat. don't you just hat me for using hat so much. ok i hat you.

Bob Wohlers said...

Good on you Chris... great blogs the last couple of days; just getting caught up here. Great photos also! Love you, DAD