Thursday, September 25, 2008

OH Richard

I am falling in love with Thursdays. It is now a routine for the girls to take all of the orphans from Sr. Freda's clinic to the Kitale club pool. I love the kids to death but I skip out on the swimming and instead opt to hang out with Richard. Richard is Sr. Freda's Husband, and also one of the greatest guys that I have ever met. He is British but has been living in Africa his whole life, and in Kitale since the 60's. Today we dropped the girls and all the babies at the Kitale club to go swimming and then headed to town to run some errands. We hit the bank, the hardware store, the clinic and then the feed shop. While there I saw this painted on a truck:


Yes it says "For inducing detectable signs of heat in dairy cow."


This is Richard and myself looking awkward.


Then we headed back to the Kitale club where I played with the kids a little and then came home.







We were playing Marco Polo, that is why my eyes are closed




Tonight we are eating beans and corn, or as they say in Africa Githeri. I am most excited to eat this because we found bugs in the beans, but we were assured that they would do us no harm if we ate them. So I say heck, they were boiled, right?

4 comments:

Mama Oasis said...

Keep that stuff away from my cow, Maua!

Hey....I heard that you might have some friends coming to Kitale. Ni kweli?

If so, would they be open to bringing some stuff for me? Pic, letter to the kids....stuff like that .

dianasaur said...

oh dear sweet all that is dear and sweet, that picture of you kissing the baby goes down as my favorite picture of all time. you amaze me and i love you

Mom said...

My dear sweet Son. What great pictures!!!!!! Mama oasis mentioned you are having friends come...who? Clare told me she and Mike and Fabio are defenitely making a trip there one year. You have inspired so many of us. I am so happy to see you happy. About that sign on the turck.....

Love You,
Mom xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Timothy David said...

The opening line of this made me laugh, because I just put my myspace status as "Timothy David loves Thursdays".

However I don't hang out with a likable old British gent. I like them for an entirely different and much more selfish reason.