Saturday, September 13, 2008

Shot three! YOUR CURED!

Pardon the terrible baseball pun, well actually don't pardon it, give it the laugh that it deserves. In all seriousness I got my third shot today which should have killed the little malaria bugs inside my blood. I am a little nervous though because as I was about to get my shot I saw a poster for the injection that I was getting. The Poster was an ad that happily boasted "newest and fastest malaria cure." Then I thought to myself, hmm do I feel safe taking a drug that doesn't have long term patients yet? What if there is some absurd side effect, like I grow wings, or I become a life sized mosquito, or I just become the mother ship for all the malaria parasites in the world. Then before I could question the nurse, I was done with three days of injections. As I walked away I thought, hey worst thing that happens, I become some crazy science experiment, or I die. Never the less I am feeling much better (although it feels as though I have been repeatedly been punched in the bum) and I plan to be 100% by tomorrow. Thank you all for your concern, it really helped when I felt like wallowing in my self pity.

Also, if you aren't reading Allison's blog, you should be. It usually has a lot more information about what is going on here, as well as pictures that mine does not. I accredit her diligence to her age, and plus she has an English degree. So go there and check it out by clicking on the link in the top right of my blog.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Yea!!!!!you finally got the third shot...Thank you so much for calling yesterday. It was so wonderful to hear your voice. You did sound really tired but nevertheless, your voice made my week. Take it easy for a few more days and get that net for your bed. Looking forward to reading your next blog.
Love and Miss you soooo much,
Mom xoxoxoxoxoxo

Mama Oasis said...

Glad you are feeling better, buddy! I promise, you will be back to full speed in a day or two...or at least I was...and I am hundreds of years older than you....so, young guy...you have no excuse.

Get back in the game!

Love you.......

BTW....now that you are feeling better, I really want you and Manu to coordinate some regular meetings with the Abstinence boys to do the 12 week follow-up devotional. Maybe on Sunday afternoons? At least with the boys in 1 and 2...they are the ones that need the most reinforcement. There are extra copies of the devotional book in the office at the house as well as some extra Bibles. If you need to...have Geoff make some copies in town of the devotional. I am sure at least half of the boys lost them already. I have to look for a "how to be responsible with our stuff" Bible study!!!!

Mom said...

You will be just fine. I have been reading Allison's blog and I quickly look for pictures of you!!! e mail me that number so I can call you.

Lots of love, miss you too,
Momx0x0x0x0x0x0

Yea Notre Dame won today!!!!

Suzy Iverson said...

Chris, you're looking great! Glad our prayers are helping you in every aspect of your trip. Your descriptions of your day-to-day life in Kenya always make me laugh as you have a quick sense of humor and know how to describe a serious situation in a light-hearted manner. The area around your home is sooo beautiful, lush and green. Seeing pictures of your loving on all the kids you come in contact with makes me know how very big your heart is for all mankind. Proud of you following God's leading. Love, Jack and Suzy