Thursday, June 10, 2010

Vincent Goes Home

I should have posted this yesterday but I never got around to it. Yesterday Vincent left Sister Freda’s.

Vincent is a 17 year-old boy that we found in the streets about a week and a half ago with a broken jaw, you can read the story here. He has been resting at Sister Freda’s for a week and is feeling much better. He still has to keep the wires in his mouth for another five weeks but the pain and the swelling have gone.

Vincent was restless at the hospital, and I have to be honest, a hospital isn’t a place I would want to hang out when I am feeling well either. Since he was feeling well, and really wanting to leave, I asked Freda what we should do. He lives on the street during the day, and stays in a part of town called Kipsongo at night. So it isn’t exactly the easiest place for him to get the types of food that he needs, seeing as he can’t chew anything.

Vincent assured me that he had relatives in town that could help him out a bit while his Jaw healed. It was hard to say yes, seeing as I can’t know for sure if he is telling the truth, but I figured that he is old enough to make those types of decisions, so I let him go. We took him into town where I bought him a good supply of foods that way the burden of feeding him would not be completely on his relatives. We also made a deal that he would come to Oasis every Monday morning so that I could talk with him and make sure that everything was going well with his recovery.

All I can do now is pray, and ask God to continue to guide me. It is tough making decisions like that, but I think it was the best for Vincent.

It has for sure been a wild ride, and I feel like the LORD has more in-store for us. This is definitely not the last that I, or you for that matter, will hear of Vincent.


Also, you should check out Pat and Kirs' blog. you can find it here.

1 comment:

Mom said...

You know that Vincent is in my daily prayers. Chris, you have matured 10 years since you left us in May. The decisions that you have had to make have been monumental. Grandma used to say on raising 7 children, "I just leave it in God's hands. Just be the pencil in the Lord's hands and he will guide you. I love you and miss you.

Mom xoxoxox