Sunday, June 20, 2010

Mercy Mercy Mercy, and me...

Sorry for the radio silence, I have been super busy with everyone getting here, and getting them all situated.

It has been a fantastic weekend filled with laughs, great fellowship and awesome prayer. I am so happy with the team this summer. I could not have asked for a better group of students. It is already so evident how much these students want to serve and grow here in Kitale.

This morning the whole team headed over to Deliverance church here in town to fellowship with some of our greatest friends in Kitale.

Recently a pastor from deliverance suddenly passed away, leaving a wife and two children behind. It was a great loss to the church, and to the community. This was a great opportunity for our team to show how much we appreciated Simon, and his family; and also a great chance to walk a cow into the church. As a team we delivered some relief supplies and the cow, which is a great commodity here. I love when Steve gets a chance to give things away because he spares nothing.

This was only reinforced when the mercy kids came over this afternoon to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and dance to "Party in the USA." I love those kids so much, everything that they do makes me smile, and to be honest how much they love Steve inspires me.

I am pretty much done for this evening with this post, but I promise I will get back to speed this week, and hopefully get some pictures up as well.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Chris, What a great post!!!! Party in the USA how cool is that!!!! Glad you are doing well. I pray for you daily. I think you were in Italy watching the world cup four years ago and now you are in Africa watching it again. Wow you sure get around :) Take care,

Love,
Momma xoxoxoxo