Monday, June 21, 2010

First Day of the Teams Journey...

Yesterday was the first day of the teams experience here in Kitale. We headed out to Oasis in the morning for what is always a great first experience. I was so proud of the way that the team just jumped into service, and how thier love for these children, that I love is already so evident. After a short (long) talk about what Oasis of hope is, and the general state of children on the streets and in the slums, the team broke off into groups of twos and went to teach in each class. I was so impressed with their willingness to dive in head first.

After Oasis we all headed over to Gilgal to spend some time with my favorite high school students in Kitale. Again I was so impressed with the conversations that I heard between the team and the students.

It is so great to love something so much and get a chance to show others how awesome it is. I love this place and these people, and it is an indescribable feeling when others fall in love with it also.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Hi Buddy, I am so happy to hear that things are going great over there. I just wanted to share something with you that I read yesterday. I am reading Laura Bush's autobiography. She has spent a lot of time in Africa with and without her husband. In her book she even mentioned being with Kay Warren in Rwanda at one time. This particular incident she was with the President and as they were walking by a group of children, some of them were holding signs that said " God is good". The President said to them "yes, God is good" and they yelled back "God is good all the time!". Even with all the poverty and despair in that part of the world this is their thinking. Now that is awesome faith. Love you and miss you so very much.

Mom xoxoxoxo

Allison said...

I love how much you love this place. Of course others would love it because of your evident heart.

I already love it and your love for it makes me love it more...I am challenged by how much, how freely, how deeply, how endlessly you love Kenyans.

Thanks for helping me not only push my exisiting boundaries of love, but also see God's limitless love for each of us more clearly.

Can't wait to serve alongside of you again so soon!

Unknown said...

Chris... Great blog posts; I check them each day. Looks like things are going great. I miss our iChat talks; I'll have iChat open all week this last week in June - see if you can find a moment to chat (especially on June 30th!). Cheers son... DAD