Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday muddy Monday

Please excuse that terribly cheese title.

Today was a pretty standard day, which is actually nice once and a while. I woke up and went down to Shimo primary school to talk to the students at their flag ceremony, which I think is something that each of our schools should do each week. I love how excited kids here get when you just come to say a couple words. I usually think to myself, "I am not really that important, and yet you can hardly contain yourself."

After some work around the house I headed over to Kitale Family school, and Discover to recover. These are two of my favorite places. Considering both of the directors are in the US for the time being, I got to say hello to all the children instead of talking business.

I was so excited to see all the children at discover, and I know they were happy to see me. I rolled up on the back of a motor cycle in the pouring rain, and as soon as the first student saw me he screamed, "CRIIIIIIIS!" and they all bum rushed me.

Allison, you will be happy to know that they all say hello, and Benja says he loves you, and misses you so much, and also Mercy didn't even care that I was there, she just wanted you.

After Discover I went down to Shimo secondary to play some football with the boys. It had been raining heavily for a while and anything that was dirt was turned to the thickest mud you can imagine, but it was awesome playing for a little, even if my skills are still lacking.

I love this place, and these people.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Awww Muddy Monday sounds fun. I am glad you mentioned Mercy. How old is she now and is she striving? Love you, miss you, pray for you and all the children there.

Love and kisses,
Momma xoxoxoxo

Allison said...

Is it weird that only me and your mom comment on every post?

Is it weird that I refreshed your blog on my phone at least three times today, in hopes that you would post something new?

Thank you for this! I LOVE those kids...and can't wait to be there! Dang, I love Kitale...it's fun to read your heart and think "I know exactly how that love feels!"

Anonymous said...

Dude Chris I've been been reading your blogs but I'm technologically impaired so I just figured out how to post a comment. Anyway me and the guys in the small group are prayin for you man and I hope things are going great in Kenya. I hope you're able to watch the NBA championships where your at because it would suck if you missed the Lakers destroy the Celtics