Friday, June 11, 2010

Let me tell you EVERYTHING

Today is my favorite day, God made a special way. (That only makes sense to those of you who have been here, so sorry for those who are left out.)

Steve’s first day was a typical Steve’s first day. Knowing exactly what he wanted to do, I sent Kris and Pat with him off to Khetia’s while Sammy, Ashley and I headed over to Oasis of Hope. I really enjoy introducing people to Kitale. It is so great when I think about how surreal everything was on my first day. I love to explain every little thing; I guess I just assume that everyone is as excited about Kitale as I am.

I also ran into Vincent in town today, and honestly, I wish I hadn’t. Vincent and I had talked about him not hanging out on the street while he was recovering, but like I said in the previous post he is an adult, and I can’t control what he does. We talked a little about how he was, and about what his next step was.

Honestly I don’t know what to do about him. I am just praying that God would guide me daily and that I would be able to act in faith and wisdom.

On a lighter note, the first ever African FIFA world cup opened today. My friend Manu and I watched the opening match between South Africa and Mexico at the Kitale club. I love the energy and the Passion that Africans have for their continent. There is such pride in everything that Africans do, even out of their immediate countries. I will definitely be cheering for all African teams this world cup, after the US that is.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Glad to hear excitement in your posts. Be patient with Vincent, we are praying for him. Well you know where Grandpa will be these next few weeks!!!! Go USA!!!!

Love,
Momma xoxoxoxo

Allison said...

I love tomorrow...and yesterday...but today is my favorite day.

I can hear the shouting/singing...and see little Mercy's face.

Please tell the newcomers that The Bu is mine...hands-off, ladies.

Suzy Iverson said...

Dear Chris,
We've caught up on your week and pleased your loneliness is over. We know Pastor Steve will bring many smiles to your face. Also, he may be able to help you get rid of the bug bites! We'll pray for you in this matter as we continue to pray for Vincent's complete healing.
Blessing to you as you are the hands, feet, and heart of Jesus. Yesterday a Vanguard t-shirt arrived for you with a welcome letter. You have so much to look forward to - in Katale, with your team, the street boys, and also a directed goal to finish up school. We pray expectantly for you to continue hearing the Lord's guidance in your life and filling you with His wisdom.

Love ya,
Jack and Suzy