Friday, November 7, 2008

Thank God...

Today I was hanging out with some children in their class and they were asking me questions through their teacher. One of the children raised his hand and said,

"What did you do last Friday?"

To which I replied "I went to the show."

Then they asked "Who did you go with?"

"I went with a bunch of street kids." I said.

At that, their eyes got really big and they said " Chris. Why do you spend time with street boys and orphans like us?"

I didn't hesitate and I said "Because Jesus Loves me, and he loves you. So I love you."

The look on the childrens faces said it all. At that moment, no one could deny the divinity of Jesus Christ.

What's more, that answer didn't come from my own wisdom, in fact it kind of just spilled from my lips, I was actually surprised at myself after I said it.

Our God is an Unbelievable God, who can create the entire universe, and still have love for each and everyone person.

Even orphans, like us.


5 comments:

Mama Oasis said...

yes, Yes, YES! You get it Chris...you SO get it.

It is amazing to watch what God is doing in and through you.....

Mom said...

I had a friend check out your blog while he was laying in the hospital with yet to be diagnosed problems. He text me the next morning and said " I read all of Chris' blogs and he is an angel sent from heaven, you are so blessed to have him as your son." To that I replied "you better believe I am and so are the children of Africa."

God is an awesome God!!!!!!

Love and Kisses,
Mom xoxoxoxoxox

Jackie Gillen said...

Chris and Girls.....So happy that our boy(Matthew) will be spending this amazing part of his life with you all!

We are praying that he sees how God moves and show Himself through people, big and small. Especially the small!

Can't wait to hear all of the stories....just wish we were there too!

Many of God's blessing to you all......
Jim and Jackie Gillen

Ange said...

this is such a cool post. it's amazing when God literally speaks through us...

Timothy David said...

I wish I could feel the faith that you do sir. I am truly envious...which is a sin... dang it!

God your irony mocks me!