Friday, May 28, 2010

Bugs In My Pants...

In town today one of the boys who lives there came to me asking for money. Nothing special really, if that isn't happening to you while your in town, well then your not in town. Anyways, I told him "Sorry but if I give you money I have to give it to everyone," a standard answer really; but then he said something that caught my attention.
"But the Bugs, they are eating me, they are eating me alive."

I took a breath and turned around and asked him to repeat what he had said. "The Bugs they are eating me alive," he said.

I asked him what he meant and he then showed me the inside of his waist band, and there I saw one of the most disturbing things I will likely see. Covering the inside of his pants were small white eggs, thousands. He then Preceded to pick up another bug from his thigh crushing it in between his fingers, squirting blood under his nails.

Easy decision really. "Ok Kid, lets go buy you some soap." 20 shillings (30 cents) later a bar of soap and a bug free set of pants.

Just another day on the streets I guess.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's my boy....

Unknown said...

Hope things are going good my son...