Monday, May 31, 2010

All Quiet On the East African Front

All is well here. My luggage came today, which has been actually kind of strange. I was so used to waking up and putting on the same shirt, and the same pants that having to choose what I was going to wear seemed somewhat foreign.

It has been pretty slow around here. Yesterday I got to speak at a church in Shimo la tewa, a community down the road. I love visiting small home churches, they remind me of the church in Acts chapter 1 and 2.

Today I was feeling a little under the weather, and so I just did some small errands, and then worked on things at the house. I didn't realize how lonely it can be when you're alone. I now look back and realize how social I am, and how being alone effects me. I have heard it said that solitude is the furnace of change, we'll see about that.

But for now I am going to get back to watching Stargate, and hopefully falling asleep to the sweet sounds of Russell Crow parading a group of bumbling idiots around a far off planet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Chris... so very glad to hear about your luggage! Ahhh, a clean shirt. Does wonders. So, what did you speak on at the small church? I know about what you are saying about being alone; sometimes it's tough, but it can allow you time with the Lord and yourself - just thinking.

Mom said...

Chris, hope you are feeling better by the time you read this. Don't feel lonely because everyone who loves you is thinking and praying for you all the time. Grandma and Grandpa say hi, they await your wonderful stories

Love,
Mom xoxoxo