Tuesday, August 5, 2008

WOW

Hey Everyone!

Well again it has been some time since I have been able to write on my blog but I am so Glad that I get the chance to do so right now. The past couple days have been so amazing. OUr team traveled from Kitale, the city we are living in, and went down to the Masai part of Kenya. The Masai peopole are the most amazing group of people that you have ever seen. When you think of tribes in Africa this is who you are thinking of. They have retained all of thie traditions even through colonization and the western move that Kenya has made. OUr team went to an orphanage there where we had a little sunday school with the kinds and gave them a lot of school supplies that were much needed. We also did a little dancing and singing for them and they the same with us. The children here are so amazing along with the people who work with them. Becasue it was the second to last day of the trip for the main group we headed to the Mara, to stay at a safari camp and to go on a safari the next day. The Safari was amazing! I saw every type of animal that you could want to see in Africa. The whole time I was there all that I co lastuld think about was how much my dad would love going on a safari. That last sentence was me saying that my dad should come here and go on safari with me, becasue he would love nothing more. After a couple nights at the camp I have ended up in Nairobi for a night so that we can catch a plane tomorrow for Kitale. Tomorrow marks the first day that we are here without the team, and it is so exciting. Considering I am the only male who is staying behind I have purchased a club as well as a large knife for protection, and also just becasue they are both amazing. Well that is all for now. I love you all very much, and I thank you for all of your support in my adventure in becoming a man of God

Chris

PS. I apologize for the spelling errors, I can't find the spell check, and I am on a Ukranian computer so the underline doesn't work.

7 comments:

dianasaur said...

how cute was a baboon? the safari sounds amazing! i miss you chris and i know you are having the time of your life! i hope you never have to use that club or knife. it is cool that you bought them.

Mom said...

Chris what an amazing experience. Clare and Mike went on a safari too and said the same thing. I can picture little kids in their traditional tribe costumes doing the robot compliments of Chris!!!!I pray you never have to use your weapons but its good you are prepared. Love you and look forward to your blogs...
Mom xoxoxoxo

Bob Wohlers said...

Chris, YOU are already a man of God! Yet, as you know, growth with God is a continual process. He puts us in situations (good and bad) to help us grow and mature (if we accept his control). Without a molecule of doubt, he has put you in Africa. He wants to test you, challenge you and place you in the pathway of the many you will encounter in Kenya. You will finish your work in Africa. Remember Phil 1:6 - "When God starts a project, he completes it! When you fell incomplete, unfinished, or distressed by our shortcomings, remember God's promise and provision." Don't ever feel like you needed to prepare yourself better for this trip/experience. You have all the tools you need - God will provide them.

I wish I could have been on the safari with YOU! I'll bet you were in a Land Rover as you cruised through the back country. I can just imagine it. Okay, I'm jealous - but I'm SO glad you are getting to experience the natural world in Kenya. Thanks for thinking of me! Perhaps you were reflecting back on all the back country jeeping trips we took together with Alana and Kevin and Brian. We didn't see lions and the like, but we had just as much fun.

Stay safe...
DAD

Anonymous said...

Ciao Chris! I am so happy for you! Wow, already on safari huh? The animals are awesome, however the smells of a safari are the best Huh? Are you sure you want me to get you a ticket home? Email me when you get a chance, I want to confirm the dates with you. Chris, I am so proud of you. I love you so much. CABA ps. I was very happy to hear you were accepted into Cal Baptist. They are really lucky to get you.

Anonymous said...

ps I had to use Fabio's account. He says "hi Chris"! CABA

Mom said...

Hi Chris Grandma and Grandpa say hello and pray for you daily. I still have that picture in my head of how wonderful you were with that little boy in the fire station so I know the kids in Africa will fall in love with you!!Alana is home and now has a job at a sandwich shop YEA!!!!!She will write to you soon.
Love You,
Mom xoxoxoxoox

Julie Hibbard said...

Thanks for being there to protect the girls! I am so glad you bought that 'modernized' Maasaii club and that huge knife.
Have you acquired a taste for passion fruit yet?
I am posting the pics of our safari on MY blog today...
Send your dad the link so he can see the pics!
juliehibbard.blogspot.com/
Is Misha still with you?