Thursday, August 7, 2008

Laundry, arrows, chickens and dishes

Ahh home at last. Well kind of. Yesterday was our first day back home in Kitale at the compund. We all decided that it would be best if we all slept in and took a day off from ministry to get everything in order. I love sleep so naturally I could not wait to sleep in a little bit and then lounge around all day. Well it is too bad that the sun rises right in my eyes at around 6:30 every morning, destroying all plans of ever sleeping in. That was fine because I had some things i wanted to do, Like shoot some arrows from a bow. Well I could go on but I think that it would be better if I Just gave you a link to allison's blog so that you can see the day for yourself. Click here to see what I am talking about.

Now there is one thing that I am most proud of in all that happened yesterday. I did my laundry by hand in a wash basin. Yep I, Chris Wohlers, Did all of my laundry by hand and then hung it out to dry. Granted it is still drying around 20 hours later, but never the less it is clean, and almost ready to wear.

I love this place so much and everyday something new and exciting happens and the Lord teaches me something new. I really find God teaching me a lot of patience as well as giving me the drive to work hard, and be productive. I can't wait to start ministry today.

God Bless,
Chris

5 comments:

dianasaur said...

i looked at allison's blog and saw all your pictures with the clothes and the bows! oh you are cute.
i am okay with you killing chickens because they taste good. i saw that your shoes are getting good use!

dianasaur said...

ps the link doesn't work, so if anyone needs to know allison's blog it is kenyakenyakenya.blogspot.com

Mom said...

Chris you are having the time of your life! I am so proud of you doing all your laundry by hand no less. Love those red and blue numbers on the line. Bow and arrow? so glad you did not take that up when you were smaller, Alana would have a few holes in her head!!!! Aunt Pat just got home from Yosemite fighting fires for two weeks. She drove a truck the size of a semi-truck. We are so proud of her as I know you are too. You look really really happy in those pictures, especially, the one with you surrounded by all the girls!!!!!!You are going to have stories to tell the rest of your life. Stay safe and I pray the bow and arrow will only have to be used for fun. Love and miss you so much Buddy...
Mom xoxoxoxoxox

Bob Wohlers said...

Chris, great photos! I know you are taking some as well... are you posting them somewhere? Any photos from your safari? I'd love to see some, or course. This blog is brilliant; thanks for keeping up with it to keep us informed. Stay safe.

Love you bud...

Dad

Julie Hibbard said...

Love those pictures...especially you guys killing a chicken with James!
What an adventure...doing laundry by hand (where's Mary??) and shooting a bow and arrow and cutting off chicken's heads and draining the blood. And circumcision parades. Wow. It's a different world.
A great one.