Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Visitor...

There is something about having a visitor come and stay with you for a while that makes everything new and refreshing. This morning at three I picked Andrew up at the bus station in town. In Reality I went there at three, and the bus didn’t get in until 5, so I sat on a curb in the cold, dark African night waiting for my friend to arrive. Anyways, having him here makes everything so new because I get to share in all of his feelings as he experiences life in Kenya for the first time. I want to just tell him everything that I have learned and observed over the past four months but I know that I just have to let him experience it, just like I did.




In my life I have been learning that it is important to be renewed in everything that I do on a daily basis. As I have stated before, my mind is an ever-constant thought heap, which makes things become dull quicker then they should. Sometimes (more like most of the time) I take for granted the opportunity that God has given me here, and watching Andrew experience all of it makes me remember that this was a call from God, and not just a whim decision.

Today we went to Oasis like usual on Tuesdays, and, like usual, I had a great time. I love these kids so much, and I have felt for the first time, that they do generally care about me as well, which feels good.

Time is winding down for me here in Kenya, and the more I think about the more my emotions spiral out of control. I can’t wait to see everyone I love back home and move on to the next chapter of God’s plan for me, but I can’t help but think about how much Kitale has become my home. I was in my room today and I thought to myself, “I am moving soon.” Now it may not sound like much, but at that moment the difference between the words leaving and moving really struck me. I am not just “leaving” Kenya I am actually “moving” away from my life that God has created here.

For know I pray that God would give me a new perspective everyday, and renew me in everything that I do. I pray that the Lord would continue to guide me and that he would reveal himself to me in everyone that I meet. But most of all I pray that God would have his hand over the suffering, giving the peace and revealing his love to them.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Chris, How can I not be inspired when I read your posts. I am so happy that Andrew is there with you. You have done more than you will ever know in your 5 months there. Please don't be hard on yourself. Your work there has touched more than you will ever know.

Looking forward to your return home. (You still have not told me where you want to stop and EAT on the way home)

Love you so much,
Mom xoxoxoxox